What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any factual or subjective information about an individual who may be identified by that information; BUT does not include an employee’s name, title, business address or business telephone number.
Collection of Personal Information
Vix Resources only collects personal information that is necessary for functions related to our Workforce Management suite of products. Vix Resources only collects personal information by fair and lawful means. Vix Resources collects personal information directly from the individual where it is reasonable and practical to do so. Collection from other third parties with the right to disclose personal information is also permitted.
At or before the time Vix Resources collects personal information, we must take reasonable steps to:
- explain in simple language the purpose(s) for which the information is being collected and its intended use;
The choice to provide personal information rests with the individual. Vix Resources must record and respect any refusal or withdrawal of consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information; however, Vix Resources, or our clients, must also take reasonable steps to advise the individual of the consequences if the consent is not provided or is subsequently withdrawn.
Vix Resources may only collect personal information without the individual’s knowledge or consent where:
- collection is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be timely obtained;
- obtaining consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information and collection is reasonable for investigating a breach of agreement or a contravention any laws; or
- the information is publicly available as specified by regulation.
Vix Resources takes reasonable steps appropriate to the sensitivity of the information to protect personal information (regardless of the format in which it is held) from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, copying, modification or disclosure both during storage and at the time of disposal or destruction.
Use and Disclosure
Vix Resources only uses personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected. Access Unless prohibited by law, the individual is entitled to know:
- our policies and practices for managing personal information,
- that we have collected their personal information;
- how we are using it,
- to whom it has been disclosed, and the means for gaining access to it.
Vix Resources will investigate all complaints concerning compliance with this Policy. If a complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken to resolve the complaint and the complainant will be notified accordingly. If not satisfied by the resolution proposed by the Company, the complainant can seek advice from, or file a written complaint with the appropriate Privacy Commissioner.